Become an officer
Why become an officer in Shrewsbury and Atcham Labour Party?
As an officer you will be part of the Executive Committee of your Branch or CLP
You will be able to help build up your local party, shape local campaigns and help Labour to win the next election!
Executive Committee voting positions are held by Chair, Vice Chair, Membership, Secretary, Treasurer, or Women’s Officer. At least three of these positions should be held by women. In addition the CLP can elect coordinators to lead on specific areas of responsibility including community involvement, trade union liaison, social secretary, membership recruitment and retention, diversity, fundraising, education, and IT. These coordinators report to the EC on their work and share expertise with colleagues.
How to become a Branch Officer
- Any Labour Party member can stand for an officer position within their branch.
- Nominate yourself by notifying your Branch Secretary.
- A vote is then held at your AGM.
How to become a Constituency Labour Party (CLP) officer
- All members are invited to our CLP meetings. You can put yourself forward at the AGM on 26th July 2017, and will require two people to nominate, and second you.
- All our members can stand and vote for positions.
- You can also notify your Branch Secretary and ask your Branch, or other Branches, to nominate you at a meeting.
- A vote is then held at your CLP AGM