The Shrewsbury and Atcham Labour Party is divided into the Central, North, East, South and West branches.
- Your local branch is your first port of call for getting involved.
- Branches meet once a month.
- Any member who lives in the Ward can submit and vote for motions at meetings. The boundaries are the same boundaries as those for the election of councillors.
- Branches are run by an Executive Committee who are elected at the Branch Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Ward members choose candidates for election, eg. councillors.
Your CLP- Shrewsbury and Atcham
- Your Constituency Labour Party (CLP) meets monthly.
- We have All Member meetings (where all local members can vote)
- At the Annual General Meeting you will elect positions to the Executive Committee (EC), which runs the CLP, including Chair, Secretary, Campaigns Officer, Youth Officer, Women’s Officer and more. Anyone can stand for election as an officer.
- You will also elect delegates to Labour’s regional and National Conferences and to other bodies and forums.
- We also organise election campaigns for councillors and MP’s and campaign on many different local issues.
District: Local Campaign Forum (LCF)
Shropshire LCF is made up of the local constituency parties in Shrewsbury and Atcham, North Shropshire, Ludlow, and The Wrekin, representing the communities of Shrewsbury, Oswestry, Bridgnorth, Ludlow, Market Drayton, Whitchurch, Shifnal, Bayston Hill, Wem, Broseley, Church Stretton, Albrighton and more. The LCF meets once a month to discuss local government and council issues.
National Executive Committee (NEC)
Made of representatives from each section of the party. Sets objectives and oversees the running of the party nationally.
The ultimate authority, that decides policy framework for the next manifesto, as well as the party rules. Conference considers papers prepared by all aforementioned parts of the party. CLPs choose delegates to vote on such matters.