Become a campaigner
What is campaigning?
The most important way of helping the Labour Party is
- By being a paid up member
- By encouraging others to become paid up members of the Labour Party, and show their support on Facebook and Twitter
- By encouraging others to vote for our local Labour candidates in forthcoming elections, (local, general or European).
We campaign regularly, both on local and national issues, as well as elections.
Shrewsbury and Atcham Members can help by
- Going canvassing door-to-door (contact your branch secretary)
- Taking part in phone canvassing – contact your local candidate or log into Labour members net
- Delivering campaign leaflets and newsletters throughout the year
- Attending our meetings and events – General Meetings, branch meetings, Women’s Forum and policy discussions.
- Attending Shropshire Council meetings
- Volunteering for a position on the Executive Committee or other roles
- Join national and local demonstrations, campaigning for causes such as the NHS and education.
We know that there are amazing and varied skills and expertise amongst our members. Your help would be greatly appreciated. What is your campaign talent? There’s a role for everyone. What’s yours?
- Data fiend? – You are the number-crunching wizard who loves to find the patterns in a database. Even if you’ve never turned your super-brain to polls and elections, when you do it’s love at first sight.
- Social supremo? – Your contacts book is formidable, as is your Twitter following. It’s not just who you know though, you’re always ready to organise a get-together and work out who can help with what.
- Creative commando? – A spare moment spent doodling is never wasted, and every picture tells a story. You might have a Pinterest site full of cool stuff, a wall covered in stylish holiday photos or a reputation for a punchy turn of phrase. The party would be lost without you, your slogans or your photos!
- Money-machine – Nothing in life is free, and don’t you know it. While others might like to flash the cash, you like to raise it. You thrive on persuading people to give give give: raffles, dinners, prize draws.